Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) provide counseling and information on college admissions to qualified adults who want to enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. The program also provides services to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants. An important objective of the program is to counsel participants on financial aid options, including basic financial planning skills, and to assist in the application process. EOC programs are 100% federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education for a period of five years. There is no monetary cost to the participants, their families, or community sponsors and partners.
$250.00 scholarship for high school graduating senior
$250.00 scholarship for eligible adult
General Guidelines & Priorities:
* Must be a participant in the EOC program from September 1, 2019 to May 1, 2020
* Must have completed at least one (1) college application
* Must have complete at least one (1) FAFSA or scholarship application
* Graduating seniors must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Eligible adults must have completed either GED or high school and be enrolling in a career or technical program.
* Scholarship funds will be paid in September directly to the college and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the EOC at that time an invoice for first semester tuition and fees, student ID number and college information.
* Application should be postmarked or brought into EOC office no later than May 31, 2020,by 12:00 p.m. Late applications are not accepted.
Applications packages should include:
Completed Income Statement Form
Copy of Official HS transcript (Graduating senior)
Copy of GED or HS Diploma (Eligible Adult)
Mail one copy of a completed application package to:
Educational Opportunity Center218 S. Ridgeway Drive
Cleburne, TX 76033
The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a lottery.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
Opportunity Resource Services is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing opportunities for success and resources for growth to underserved areas. ORS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age or disability. The EOC program is 100% federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education for $252,181 annually.